At Girgis Law Firm, we provide world-class support to our clients. We know how daunting the legal process can be, especially after any type of automobile accident, so we put together this guide of Frequently Asked Questions. 

If you have a question beyond what is listed below, please feel free to reach out to us to schedule your free consultation: 

(818) 986-5000 | Anthony@GirgisLawFirm.com

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What’s the difference between a lawyer and an attorney?

In general, a lawyer is someone who is educated in the law – basically, anyone who has gone through law school. However, a lawyer who has just completed law school may not be allowed to do certain legal jobs – like represent you in court – until they successfully pass the bar exam that is conducted in the specific legal area they wish to practice.

Attorneys are lawyers who have passed the bar exam to be eligible to practice law. Attorneys can act as legal representatives for their clients.

How do I know if I need an attorney?

If you have been injured in an accident, then it is in your best interest for you to hire an attorney for legal representation.  The insurance company will have a team of people and attorneys working on a defense/ways to reduce a settlement. By having an attorney on your side, the attorney will know how to properly deal with the insurance company’s unfair tactics.  This will provide for maximum recovery/compensation for your injuries. 

Will you negotiate with the insurance company on my behalf?

Yes. At Girgis Law Firm, we will communicate with your insurance company, and the other party’s insurance company.  Having an attorney on your side to speak with the insurance company will help maximize recovery during the negotiation process.

How much money can I expect to get in a settlement?

It depends on your injuries and the insurance coverage available If your injuries are severe and the person who caused the accident has insurance, then our goal would be to obtain the policy limits from the insurance company.  Since each case is different in regards to injuries involved and insurance coverage available, it would be difficult to speculate how much money you can expect to receive in a settlement without our office reviewing your medical records to know the extent of your injuries. Once we have that information, we can better assess the situation and provide you with an expected range in the settlement amount. 

What if I need medical treatment?

If you need medical treatment and are unsure where to go, we will refer you to a medical professional within a 10-mile radius of your home. These doctors are experienced with all personal injuries cases.

What if I need to speak to another medical expert in order to obtain a second opinion? (Is there an instance in which someone would need to speak to another licensed professional?)

If you would like to obtain a second opinion on medical treatment, we will gladly refer you to another licenced medical doctor to assess your injuries and course of treatment.

If you refer me to a professional medical care provider, where will they be located?

Any doctor we refer you to will generally be within a 10-mile radius of our offices or your home.

How long will it take for my case to settle?

It depends on the extent of your injuries. Some cases can settle as quickly as 12-16 weeks when the injuries are less severe, and others can take years to resolve when the injuries are severe.

How do you bill your clients?

We do not bill you upfront. Instead, we will charge you a contingency fee, where you pay only when your case settles or when we obtain a judgment in your favor.

Can I get a free consultation?

Yes. Call or email us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we will schedule your free and confidential consultation.

(818) 986-5000 | Anthony@GirgisLawFirm.com

Do you take cases outside of Los Angeles County?

Yes. Attorney Anthony Girgis is licensed in the state of California and case assist you in a cases that took place statewide.